Info & Links

Whenever starting out on a project to improve your home, you need to know what you can and can't do without the relevant permission. Some projects require planning permission, but not Building Regulations approval. Others can be done under permitted development but then require Building Regulations. Every case is different. The Planning Portal is a government run website and a useful tool to answering basic questions, however you should always consult a professional or contact your Local Authority being undertaking any building works. Go to for more information.

The Building Regulations is a separate legislation to Planning Laws and has its own set or rules for compliance in the form of Approved Documents, covering all aspects of Building Work. More information can also be found on the Planning Portal website.

On this page, if you take a look at the "Advice" drop down menu you can also check to see if the work you are proposing is exempt from The Building Regulations.

Looking for a local reputable builder?

Word of mouth and recommendations are always the best source. Always check with your family, friends and colleagues to see if they've had similar projects carried out on their homes and hopefully they can recommend a builder to help with your project. EAS Ltd have worked with a number of small and medium sized builders on past projects and will be happy to assist. Otherwise, you can search for builders using established websites such as Checkatrade or Rated People.


"Traditional & contemporary architectural design on new homes, conversions & extensions for modern living"

A: 12 Swale View, Hernhill, Faversham, Kent ME13 9JS - T: 07961 684644 - E: &

Copyright of Edgington Architectural Services Ltd 2016 - Website designed and maintained by EAS Ltd. Last updated 28.05.2020


Home About Services Portfolio Info Contact